Tonkotsu King (豚骨王)


I have no clue as to what had gotten into my friends and suddenly they have craving for japanese ramen. Since majority had never tried "Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King", we decided to go there to satisfy their craving.


OMG...I kept asking them :"Are you sure we want to get into the office hour lunch crowd?" Their reply were :"No worries, office staff cannot afford to queue during lunch because they only have 1 hour to eat and get back to office."

In the end...... I was right!!!


Trust me, please avoid lunch time because the queue is very long and many office staff working at Tanjong Pagar flocked there for lunch, so the theory of 1 hour lunch break is not true...



Since there is so many office diners, I did not get the chance to take any photo of this place. The following are the photo taken on a separate day.


When we were shown to our seats, I was going.... this cannot be true... I am sitting at the same place again... having a nice view of the chief preparing our ramen....


What you see on the table is free flow, you can have as many hard-boiled eggs added to your ramen at no additional cost.

Unless you need extra serving of noodles, the additional cost is clearly indicate on the table.


This is the "Black Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen Special"

P/S: The small glass jar on the right, contain the not so spicy but crunchy and tasty bean sprouts and it is also free flow...



This is my order, the "Red Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen Special"

Comment:
"Spicy"??? We did not find it spicy at all...maybe just a little.....


Today, all of us want to get spiced so we only ordered the spicy ramen.

This is the "Tonkotsu Ramen Special" that I had during my last visit which is non spicy.


This is their full menu in English


They have Japanese Menu not because they are serving Japanese ramen but because they have many Japanese Customers and I was surrounded by them while waiting for our turn.